However, this never-ending winter has me more hateful of snow than usual. So, I decided that instead of complaining about things I cannot change I would try to change my view of snow. Therefore I decided that I would try to occupy my mind by looking for the silver lining to the reality of more snow on the first of March while shoveling the snow. Here is my top ten list of reasons why snow/winter isn't as bad as I currently perceive it to be.
10. Thanks to the snow we now know exactly whose dog is using our backyard as its bathroom. Knowledge is power.
9. I don't have to mow the grass. (Ya, I know. When summer comes I will have to make a top 10 list about why grass isn't as bad as I think it is.)
8. I get to see neighbors that I haven't seen for a few months. This is a BIG plus with my awesome neighbors!
7. It's a great opportunity to entertain the same aforementioned neighbors as I sing along to some great music on iheart radio. (I may have had a few dance moves thrown in there as well, but unless that shows up on youtube I am just going to pretend that I wasn't dancing. It's better this way. Trust me.)
6. Despite the cold, my toes remained warm and dry in my totally stylin' snow boots.
5. Technology friendly gloves. Best. Thing. Ever.
4. I guess I could throw fresh air on this list. I mean, it was COLD air and I would prefer warm air, but it was fresh.
3. Exercise. Shoveling snow is exercise. (Hey! Killing two birds with one stone. WIN!)
2. My husband's gratitude when he came home from work to find the driveway already shoveled.
1. When finished with shoveling drinking hot chocolate while curled up under a blanket, getting lost in a good book and knowing that spring IS right around the corner. Now that's magical!